Friday, August 13, 2010

Promised birthday update

After some relaxing Body Design noodles and Doctor Who Season 2, I'm feeling much better about this Friday. Still torn about whether or not the sun should come out and dispense the gloom (but really jack up the temps), but either way, I'm in my classroom with my airconjuseyo set to Antarctica, so life is much better.

As I may have mentioned before, I had a birthday recently, turning the big 2-5. One fun thing about being out of college and in the "professional" world is that I am no longer the oldest person I know! So exciting! See, I had this issue where I was always slightly older than my peer group, which (due to my weak psyche) gave me something of a complex about my age. Now, however, I have close friends who are both older and younger than I am, so I'm feeling much better about my age.

Anyway, my lovely friends took me out to a wonderful samgyeopsal dinner on my birthday (think thick cut bacon on lettuce leaves filled with deliciousness). It was so nice to be stable and in one place on my birthday, and to be able to plan this sort of event. You see, for the past 6 or so years, right around my birthday, I've had to be preparing to move from one place to another. First it was from Houston to DC, to start school in the fall, then moving apartments in the DC area, until I finally moved back to Houston for a short time before coming here.

But now I'm here, and for this birthday at least, I don't have to worry about uprooting my life in a few weeks. Which is wonderfully liberating.

So anyway, here are a few photos from my birthday dinner:

Ajumma visor, sunglasses and cupcakes. What more could you want?

My good friend Jill gave me her most prized Korea posession - her ajumma hat. I could not have been more touched. But then I saw them. CUPCAKES. Which are my favorite things EVER. She and another of our friends, Andrea, had baked them for my birthday, and they were DELICIOUS. Hippy Barfday, Oldy indeed.

And yes. That can of pringles was full. I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER.

So awesome.

Anyway, that was my actual birthday celebration. Well part I, anyway. Part II will be this weekend...so excited! 

Oh another fun thing about celebrating a birthday on the other side of the world: You get to have a birthday for about 36 hours! Fantastic! 

 

3 comments:

  1. What are Body Design noodles? Are they like chocolate body paint for carb lovers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a mere thirty-six days older than me, and somehow, THAT managed to give you a complex? Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mei: HAH I wish! I would pay significant amounts of money to bathe in these noodles. They are THAT good.

    That might have been a bit awkward...sorry...

    @Justin: those 36 days are important to my fragile psyche!

    ReplyDelete