Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two things

Two very important things happened to me today. I shall tell you about them...now:

THING THE FIRST


I should have brought in my video camera today. This was too great not to be seen. After the child labor cleaning crew had come through and done their standard mediocre job, about 5 of them decided to hang behind and play with some of the toys in the short bookcases near my desk. While they were playing, one of the pieces fell behind the bookcase, and through amazing teamwork, the four of them (one of the kids was supervising) managed to pull out the bookcase and retrieve the wayward piece. Getting it back would prove to be a more difficult challenge.

"Hana, dul, set!" shouted the supervisor. The four laborers strained to push the case back.

"Hana, dul, set!" came the command again. More straining. No movement.

This continued on for about 10 more minutes, with pauses to conference about the best way to move the bookcase back. Meanwhile, Teacher Nolen sat at his desk snickering.

Finally, I got up, and used my Super Waygook Strength to push the bookcase back. It had gotten stuck on something on the floor. The children were duly impressed (because I am a very impressive individual).

That is one thing! Now on to...


THING THE SECOND

Today I learned that Teri Hatcher got her start on The Love Boat.





Welcome to my blog. Come for the stories, stay for the Teri Hatcher factoids.

No comments:

Post a Comment