Thursday, April 1, 2010

TRAGEDY STRIKES KOREA!


Horrible news!

Kim Yu-na announced today that she would be retiring from figure skating indefinitely, Korean news agency Chosun Ilbo reports. Earlier, Kim spoke with reporters:

"Following my defeat at the World Figure Skating Championships, I have realized that figure skating is not, and cannot, be my whole life. I think I am ready to go back to being just a normal girl."


With her win at the Vancouver Olympics, she was officially crowned what the world was already calling her: "Queen Yu-na". Her meteoric rise to stardom could only be matched by her fall from grace: in the few short seconds it took her to miss a layback spin in her short program at Torino, her country - where she was the highest-paid athlete, and one of the highest-paid people - turned its back on her.

The reaction at home was swift and severe. As people awoke to find out that not only had she not won, but had placed second to Mao Asada from Japan, anger swept the nation. Riots broke out, as demonstrators took to the streets from Seoul to Busan. "I was heart broken," wept one Seoul resident, "I thou
ght she would lead us to the very forefront of the international stage, to take our rightful place as a leading nation!"

But, alas, it was not to be. For Kim Yu-na, her star shone too bright, and spun too quickly.

For the full text of the article, please read here

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! This is a bad news. It make me angry feelings. Why Kim Yu Na no win? Evily Mao make bad for Korea. I spit on Mao. Her face big, and ugry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete