Monday, April 5, 2010

Yellow Dust

You may recall my complaints about yellow dust from such places as "facebook" or "tumblr" or "real life". But just for you, I will regale you once more with the story! Basically what happens is that dust from the Gobi desert gets blown over China where it mixes with wonderful toxic pollutants (thanks guys!). It is then carried over the Korean peninsula and over to Japan giving everything a wonderful yellow tint and making everybody sick.

The Korean Meterological Association has a much better/more technical discussion here. You should read it! There is history!
This is the yellow dust look in South Korea. It is all the rage.

Long story short, I feel like crap today. It is like allergies plus respiratory issues all rolled into one big ball of fun! And it's not just me, either. I am sick, my coteacher is sick, and at least two other teachers on my floor are sick. But we are such troopers, you guys! We came into work ANYWAY, just to hopefully get the little children sick.

SUCKIT, NERDS!

1 comment:

  1. The yellow dust here is all pollen.

    Do you want me to send the nasal sprays the allergist recommended?

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete