Thursday, April 8, 2010

Good news, everybody!


I have internet now! In the comfort of my own home! Now I am free to Skype at will.

Getting the internet was surprisingly easy. Emjee called this afternoon and set up an appointment with T-broad, the internet people here in Gyeonggi-do, and promptly at 6 the guy arrived to install. There was some confusion regarding the mac (windows is king here), but that was quickly resolved and he was on his way. No fuss, no muss, and I'm paying a little less than 35000W/mo (~$30 US) and I get the first three months free. Hooray! Now all I have left to do is to purchase a mobile phone and I'm all set!

The tragic downside to this, of course, is I no longer have cable. BOO. I guess now I will have to decide if I want to shell out the W for cable or get a nice phone. We'll see (I'm leaning toward the cell phone, they have some really crazy ones here).

2 comments:

  1. A time for reflection. In my case, it was eleven days from call to surf. The is a lesson somewhere ... probably more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't leave Skype up ever, you should video chat with me on gchat. Like nao!

    ReplyDelete