Monday, May 24, 2010

UPDATE

I felt the need to add this after that last post so you all didn't think I had suddenly become a sodden hot mess curled up on the floor in the fetal position weeping quietly to myself. Because of course, after the last post, I went and had myself a pretty good day at school today. No major acts of terrorism from the students (one of them even apologized after she saw I was upset about the petting!), and I had a successful Talk with one of my students about staying in line during class so he could help his friends with their English!

And then I was listening to the new single from Lee Hyori on my computer called, naturally, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". My coteacher saw the WTF look on my face and asked me what was up, so I explained to her that I was having a major disconnect between Lee Hyori's new song and the movie for which it is named. Of course, explaining Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in fluent English to someone who has grown up in that culture is pretty difficult, so you can imagine my struggles. It ended up with me singing parts of "You're My Little Chutchi Face" at her and her looking mildly terrified. In my head I was thinking "YESSSSSSS THIS IS AMAZINGLY AWKWARD!" It seriously brightened my day.

Anyway, here's Lee Hyori's newest single, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"

Sorry for the link, they disabled embedding. Stupid Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment