Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am so lazy it stuns even me!

If there’s one thing people should know about me, it’s that I tend to talk a big game, but I’m generally lazy to actually back anything up. For example, I really enjoy pretending I’m a lot more adventurous than I actually am. Honestly, it’s true! I have had an open application to the Peace Corps for nearly 3 years now that I’ve just been too lazy and/or distracted to actually complete. It’s a miracle that I actually made it to college, let alone graduated.

Take today, for instance. Today, I got up early enough (around 10am, I think that’s legit for me), and had these ideas about “doing things” today. So what did I do? I laid in bed for about an hour, and then I turned on my computer. I was reading The Internet for a while, when someone mentioned the movie Up, so I decided I had to download buy a pirated copy of legally obtain it. Then I got distracted by my friend Jill (whose blog you should read, should she ever decide to update it regularly! Go Jill go!). While I was talking to her, I suddenly needed to get breakfast, because it was about noon at this point. So I walked down to the Dunkin Donuts (NOT THE SAME L) and got a bagel and cream cheese. And an iced latte. And a glutinous rice donut. I am so healthy!

On the way back, my foot decided to start hurting MISERABLY again…bastard can’t even take a measly 3km run. So I concentrated on that for a while and decided it would probably be decent to not walk very much. Anyway, I got back home and talked to Jill some more (and Other Friends), and then the movie was ready, so I decided to watch that. And all of a sudden, it was almost 3pm! So I texted like two people to see if anything necessary was going on today, and nobody got back to me. And the bus ride to Seoul is like an hour. And I didn’t really have a plan for something to do in Seoul. And some Terrible Matthew McConaughey Movie was on the teevee. And then I decided to try to make kimbap? And it was terrible. And then it was 6 or 7, so I made some vague attempt at getting a plan for this evening that ultimately failed to materialize. And now here we are. It’s 10pm on a Saturday and I’m blogging.

The thing is, at any point during the day today, I could easily have gotten up off my ass and walked the 20m to the bus stop and gone into Seoul. Or gone to Suwon. Or gone to Pyeongtaek, both of which are closer. But you know what? I didn’t. BECAUSE I AM A FAILURE. Please feel free to judge me. I could make some vague excuse like “oh weh I need to save up money to go to America this summer” or “meh meh meh my foot hurts rull bad!” but that’s total BS and we all know it. The fact is, I’m just lazy.

Seriously, guys, I could be a superhero if I weren’t so damn lazy.

And now I’m too lazy to come up with an ending this post. GREAT. I AM NOT EVEN A SUCCESSFUL LOSER BLOGGER. Clearly, the best solution is to just lay in my apartment eating food until I become so fat that they will need to knock out a wall in my building and use a crane to get myself out. Problem = solved!

1 comment:

  1. Lol thanks for the shameless plug there...I'll post again soon.

    This was the story of my entire weekend. I think this is why we're friends...

    ReplyDelete