Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quick haircut update

So last night I finally gave up and got my hair cut. You guys, it was getting pretty drastic...I was verging on mullet territory. So I talked to my friend who'd recently gotten her haircut from a great stylist who spoke English, and we set up an appointment for myself and a friend of mine whose situation was nearly as bad (think more sticking out at the sides than mullet), and we headed down to Seojeong-ri. Now, if you know anything about Korean (or East Asian hairstyles in general), you know they can be pretty dramatic...

Beast (top) and 2PM (bottom) showing off their style.

So I was just a little bit nervous headed in there. I just cannot pull off that look, no matter how much I try. I am just not dynamic enough. Fortunately for me, we sat down, were given some tea, and talked about what to do with our hair with Jieun, our stylist. Who, by the way, is awesome. I was very pleased with how my hairstyle turned out:

Strike a pose. Vogue.

While Mike's was decidedly more Korean. But without the pointy sideburns:

Deer in headlights. Vogue.

So afterwords, we headed to grab some dinner and decided on samgyeopsal. Which is basically bacon for dinner. It was delicious. The end.

1 comment: