Monday, May 31, 2010

Improv!

Written 5/30 at 10:50pm

Welp, I suppose it's time to get blogging again...gotta get those May post counts up!

Right now, I'm sitting on a mugunghwa train, waiting to pull out of Seoul to find out just how much a cab will in fact cost to get back to my house. Since I'm going to miss the last subway that goes to Osan. WONDERFUL. Of course, I didn't get a real seat on this train, so I'm stuck on the already over-crowded dining car, which, lemme tell you guys, smells RULL interesting. Fantastic.

So why, you may ask, was I in Seoul until all hours on a Sunday night? SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSiNESS! that's why! But I suppose if you must know, I was in Seoul checking out practice for an (English-language, natch) improv troupe. Many of you, possibly all 6 of you who actually read this blog, know that when I was in college, I did improv comedy. Not that I was particularly good at it, mind you! But I did have a lot of fun doing it. Unfortunately, the team folded my senior year, and my Mad Comedy Skillz lay dormant for many years.

So when I heard about the group in Seoul, I was all like "Heck yes! Sign me up!" and tonight was the first practice for me.

You guys, I had So. Much. Fun. I was so nice to be back there doing something I get so much enjoyment from

As for actual performances, I think I'll have to come to a few more practices and let them get a better feel for me. Then maybe I'll be invited to perform, which would be fantastic! These guys are hilarious, and a lot of fun to perform with. For right now, though, I'm happy to have improv back in my life again, but I'll be sure to keep you all updated on performances.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Video some of it. We would love to see. Glad you are having such a good time!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your posts!

    ::crawls back to Arizonan cave::

    ReplyDelete