Monday, March 1, 2010

'Twas The Night Before-

THERE WILL BE NO POETRY HERE DON'T KID YOURSELVES.

Tonight is it. My last night at home before setting out on this long journey. I'm kinda freaking out about it. I mean, I know it's going to be a great experience, and I know I'm going to have a great time, but this...is BIG.

Eugh okay enough seriousness for now. In other news: PACKING. And by PACKING, I mean sitting on my couch watching The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (watch. this. movie.) while my laundry is going on. Packing, for those of you who have never done it, is hard. It is no easy feat to pack up one's life into a few suitcases and move, and it is doubly hard to do so when one is moving to a foreign country. I have various medecines, clothings, books, movies, school supplies, and all sorts of miscellany that I need to shove in my suitcase. I suppose I could eliminate some things and just buy them when I arrive, but I am NOT willing to part with (let's be honest, any) of my clothes. Or shoes. It's seriously out of control, but I guess that's the price you pay for being as amazing as I am.

I think I've purchased everything I will need to purchase here, and have done just about everything I need to do except throw things into my suitcase, get a haircut, and officially change my address at the post office. And I have just a few hours to do it tomorrow. I'm leaving for SFO at 7pm and will fly out to Incheon the next day at about 1pm. Wish me luck!

PS possibly some photos to follow soon of the epic mess that is me packing.

1 comment: