Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's been One Week

It's a song, and it's how long I've been in South Korea! It works on so many levels!

Since I last posted, things have gone pretty well for me here. I start teaching my Continuing English classes tomorrow, which is a little daunting, but I finally have my own computer in my classroom! Now I don't have to borrow my co-teacher's anymore.

Even more exciting, on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, it snowed here! It was fairly light, only a couple of inches...yeah, I know DC people, you can be jealous of a snowfall that WASN'T thigh-high. Very pretty. Though I think my town is too small to plow any roads but the couple main ones. And apparently no one has ever heard of salting the sidewalks outside of the US. Still, it was nice to look at.

Perhaps the best thing, though, is that yesterday I was invited to a new GEPIK teacher welcome workshop, and I got to meet quite a few people who live in my area, so now I know some other actual humans with whom I might do stuff! Hurray!

Brief update for now, still wating on my laptop charger to get her via mail. Apparently it was sent via USPS, so I'm not sure if it will actually be deliver-able to my house, given that it doesn't have a street name. Also, apparently USPS has issues delivering mail outside North America. So we'll see. Maybe photos in the near future, but that's also contingent on my charger. As is my ability to lesson plan, etc. You don't really realize how dependent on computers you've become until you are without one for an extended period of time.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and meeting new people! That sucks about your power cord but it could have been a lot worse. We miss you a lot at Williams Sonoma! Every time I have to demo the coffee machines I think about you and how awesome you are at selling them!

    ReplyDelete