Thursday, March 25, 2010

SO CLOSE

I came THIS CLOSE to getting my own Korean ajosshi, but was thwarted by the short train ride. It was awesome, though, he came up to me on the platform while we were waiting for the train to come and just started talking to me. We had a whole long conversation about him growing up in poor post-war Korea and how kids these days! and his children and grandchildren (one of whom is going to go to school in the United States, or "stateside" as he called it) and his coming trip to the US and his niece who is married to a 1st Lieutenant in the Army and lives in the United States and all sorts of things and I basically didn't get a word in edge-wise. It was basically a giant run-on sentence, just like this one. Exhausting and awesome.

You guys, this is becoming my number one goal while I'm here. Of course, no one could replace my own grandparents, but having my very own Korean grandfather would be, frankly, the best.

Oh and for a good write-up of my weekend last weekend, check out my friend Jill's blog (she's an additional Jill, not a replacement Jill. Don't freak out)

You Had Me at Annyong Haseyo

No comments:

Post a Comment