Monday, March 8, 2010

Kids these days...

So today in class, I was helping the kids write out namecards with their names on them in English. As an option, if they had previously picked out an English name, they could write that in parentheses next to their real names. One of my kids (who is so far my favorite) had picked out the name Sheep. Which...I mean, of course. It made me smile.

In other news, I found out today that my schedule is getting pretty significantly changed. I am losing one day a week of sixth graders (which is good, I did not like them much), gaining a day of fourth graders, and losing my conversation hour for the teachers. I am most bummed about the last one because I think that was what I was most looking forward to teaching. I had so many ideas about songs, videos, poetry, and short stories to read and tentatively discuss (some of which, I guess, can be transferred to the highest level of my Continuing English classes, but some of it I'll have to skip all together). Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment