Saturday, February 27, 2010

Getting Started: Not at all folksy

Alright folks, here we go. I've got my visa and my plane ticket, I am not at all packed, and I am leaving on Monday to move to South Korea where, apparently, I will be a teacher. How exactly did this happen? I'm not really sure myself, but last year, faced with the prospect of unending temp jobs that were not paying the billz (even with my mad skillz, yo), I decided that you know what? I'ma do this. I want to work in international relations, and this will be great experience!

Of course, it's not like I've ever taught a classroom before. Nor have I any formal training in, y'know, teaching methods. But here we are. I will just have to make it work.

So here I am, getting ready to move to Osan, South Korea (google maps it, yo), and I really have no idea what I'm doing. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME.

Anyway, this is my blog. This will be where I recant my stirring adventures, incredible stories, and other Chaucerian tales. Welcome!

2 comments: