Thursday, September 2, 2010

So it's apparently my six-month-aversery

Which I had not really been paying attention to, I've just been telling people it's six months since like...the beginning of August.

So anyway, six months of being in the ROK and what have I learned? That this country is a ridiculous place where ridiculous shit happens. Often. Most of what I thought was ridiculous in the beginning I've since become accustomed to, but I'm pretty sure that no matter how long I stay here, there will always be things that make me go "Whuuu...?"

Are you serious???

For example, yesterday was the first day of the second semester of school. I had known for several weeks leading up to the end of summer that many of my other public school friends were getting new administrators - either new vice principals or new principals. I did not think we were getting one, because no one had told me about it, and it seems like a thing one would give advance notice about. 

Apparently not, though. And I'm fairly certain that it's not my coworkers who held out on me - I was eating lunch with a couple of them during summer camp, and they were talking about the VP as though he was going to be there for a good long while. 

But no. About 10am on the first day of school, my coteacher comes in to tell me that we will be having a welcoming party for the new vice-principal. "Aroo?" I said, confused. "Be in the science lab at 3:30," she responded. 

Well obviously.
 Last-minuted again! Honestly, though, it's not that I'm upset...more just baffled and bemused. 

In other news, Typhoon Kompasu came through early this morning. Lots of wind and rain; lost power for a bit, but it's back on now. Minor damage only, so it all ended up being pretty fun. Man, I missed tropical cyclones.

No comments:

Post a Comment