Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doctor Who? Doctor FISH!

OH MY GOSH IT'S BEEN LIKE 4 DAYS SINCE I POSTED I AM SO SORRY GUYS!!!!


To make up for it, here is a post about a gross thing I did (AND I LIKED IT!):


Every once in a while, we all just need a bit of pampering. Some of us want to watch a day-long marathon of Golden Girls, some of us want to read a book, and some of us want to get our feet eaten by fish.


Wait, what?


You heard me! Can't you read?? Well Capt. Illiterate, let me spell it out for you: there is a new spa treatment taking Asia by storm called Doctor Fish. Basically, they take these small fish, put them in a pool of water, and then you stick your feet in there. And the fish eat off all the dead skin. It is simultaneously horrific and awesome. And I did it this weekend! Totally randomly, too...I had no plans to have organisms consume any part of me, but sometimes things just work out that way. 

So without further ado, here are some pictures of me being eaten alive.


This feels like a Bond movie.

So when we got there, there were a few people already in the pool...and the whole thing had this terrible air of inevitability, like when James Bond is being lowered into a lagoon filled with sharks by whichever evil S.P.E.C.T.R.E. henchman is doing it at the time. I was about to willingly let myself be consumed by tiny sea monsters. So, steeling myself with thoughts of Bond, I took the (six-inch-deep) plunge.

 
Oh crap! Here they come!!!

The first couple of bites were the worst...so shocking. So unpleasant. And I could watch it all happen. I imagine this is what shark attack victims feel like during the process of their attack.

 Clearly I am delicious to demon sea-monster-fish

And then the swarm came. Like lions to a weak gazelle, the fish just kept coming. In droves. It was not long until most of my feet were covered. The above photo is only representative of about halfway there.

  WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME????

I think this an appropriate face to have made. It actually felt okay after a while, just like having put my feet in seriously bubbly water. Until I looked down. And realized THAT MY FEET WERE BEING EATEN WTF IS WRONG WITH ME???

 Most delicious feet ever.

You should have seen how delicious the fish thought my feet were. I suppose technically you can see above. All the fishes loved my feet WAY more than the other feet in the pool. Which was just fantastic.

  The result.

Was it worth it? I'm not sure...it was weird, but also awesome. And it was mostly effective...I think one or two more treatments would do my feet some serious good. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Fix your feed. It is randomly cutting off posts mid sentence with no warning so I think you are just posting really short things... and then it makes me click through to your ugly ass notebook backgrounded page and I don't want to look at that shit (burn!)
    2) If you spell something out for someone who is illiterate... you're doing it wrong.
    3) As for the content of your actual post... I kind of want to try this. What is your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone can stop whinging. The background is fixed (but I still hate it, so not for long). Second, TOM, I made it a click-through because the posts were too rambling to fit easily on a feed. I DID IT ALL FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

    Also, I do not know what is my life. It is ridiculous. You should come visit. But you can try this if you want at a place in Alexandria...it'll just cost about $35 for a 15 minute session (It only cost me about $3.50).

    ReplyDelete