Monday, January 24, 2011

It's called modesty, you guys

Perhaps it is because I was raised in a good, old-fashioned American shame-based religion. Or possibly because I do not have the body of Brad Pitt. But I would never in a million, billion years consider going to the beach in a speedo, let alone outside my own house.

That, however, is precisely what countless hoards of European tourists insist upon doing at this beach. What's particularly scary is just how bad ALL of these guys look. I think my friend Jill said it best: all the women look concave and all the men look pregnant. It's really a terrifying sight.

Here's the thing, though: even if you DO have the body for a speedo, that doesn't mean you should wear one. I mean honestly, people! Have some shame about your body! Goodness, walking around like you don't have body issues!

Cover. That. Mess. Up.

The good news, though, is that America us definitely winning the culture wars. I have seen more white trash tourists here than on a Carnival cruise ship, and none of them are American. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (but not really, it's an iPod touch)

Location:Karon,Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment