Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's Canada Day!

Today is Canada Day! Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

I'm going to avoid too much snark here, because I am a Sensitive New Age Guy who Respects Other People's Cultures. I will just add, though, that if you see these guys (jeez could I pimp their blog any more???), please sing to them a rousing rendition of O, Canada. It annoys the hell out of them. Especially her. I don't know why. I think Canada maybe murdered her parents or her beagles once.

Anyway, that really has nothing to do with anything, except to mark the four-month-iversary of when I first left America to embark on the journey called Teaching the Children. And it's been...well...a journey. I've gone through periods where I hate my job and periods where I love my job, and as I finish up my last lesson plans for the semester, I have to say I'm pretty impressed I got through it at all.

I'm just that awesome.

I mean, really. 4 months in a COMPLETELY foreign country, starting out knowing NOBODY? C'mon. You're impressed that I managed to survive AND STILL TEACH CHILDREN. Nevermind that literally thousands of other people do this all the time.

So I'm a third of the way through the year, and the weird thing is I feel...nothing. Well, nothing in particular aside from OH GOOD LORD WHY WON'T THE SEMESTER END YET??? (I am as antsy as my kids are). I don't feel particularly accomplished, nor do I feel excitement at my 4 month-iversary. Probably because 4 months is the LAMEST THING TO CELEBRATE EVER (looking at you, obnoxious couples), but also because I think I'm getting into a routine here. Get up, go to work, teach, hang out with friends, blog about it.

Holy crap I am every other 20something out there. GO ME.

Yikes this is not the greatest blog post ever. And it occurs to me that I have no real way to end it. So...here is a video of some dancing robots.




Shaking & crying.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pimping my blog again...its not so much that I hate Canada...its that I never understood why you felt the need to sing the Canadaian national anthem to my voicemail on the 4th of July. Weirdo!!!

    ReplyDelete